Ranging from law amendments, and differences in laws in various regions to popular convictions, criminal justice presents a challenge for many students. Additionally, there is a need to investigate the laws and previous landmark cases that were passed when classifying an action as legal or illegal.
This complexity in interpreting and implementing law ranks criminal justice majors among the most challenging essays for students. Here, we will discuss some tips to guide you in writing your essay and some crime essay topics to inspire your topic selection.
How to prepare for a criminal justice essay
Topic selection is a focal step that dictates the ease of writing your criminal justice paper. Settling for a complex paper may force you to exceed your word count or expose you to a major struggle when researching your work.
It is thus wise to gauge various topics properly before making your final decision on the topic to address. When selecting your essay topic:
- Brainstorm for ideas
Before setting off to write your essay, brainstorm the ideas that you have encountered in your coursework related to the essay question. Brainstorming for ideas allows you to identify the topics you can exhaust without much stress.
When starting on your essay, jot down various ideas relating to your topic and gauge the topic that evokes your curiosity the most.
- Explore the available sources
After selecting your topics, gauge the sources available for these topics before settling for a final topic. For this, prepare outlines of your topics and gauge the one that promises to satisfy the prescribed word count.
Wikipedia is a great starting point for research as it offers you a glossary of links to secondary sources for your topic. Refrain from topics that have been exhausted by scholars as this makes you a candidate for plagiarism.
- Explore various counterarguments
After gauging the outlines, find the counterarguments to your topics and determine the approaches to refute these claims. If the claims have already disregarded your argument, avoid the topic and select another option that was indicated during your brainstorming session.
List of basic criminal justice topics
Often, students face a major challenge in selecting a topic when they are assigned a general idea. This section will highlight some criminal justice topics to write about in your assignment.
Basic criminal justice essay topics
- What are the most common penalties for mass shootings? Are they sufficient?
- What are the options for dealing with cyberbullying? Is it necessary to enact more legislation?
- Will gun control be effective in preventing gun violence?
- Ethics in law enforcement and criminal justice
- Criminals who have been released from prison and their reintegration into American society
- The value of education in maintaining a secure society
- Children’s crime prevention
Criminal justice argumentative essay topics
- The Role of Eyewitnesses in the Legal Process
- What Impact Does the Criminal Justice System Have on Youngsters?
- Racial Segregation in the Criminal Justice System: How Common Is It?
- Which Rehabilitative Strategies Is the Criminal Justice System Using for Sexual Offenders?
- The Bureaucracy’s Relationship with the Criminal Justice System
- How Productive Is Criminal Profiling in The Criminal Justice System?
- In the criminal court system, how is DNA evidence used?
- In the criminal justice system, what is more important: rehabilitation or punishment?
Criminal justice reform essay topics
- Must the primary goal of the criminal justice system be rehabilitation?
- Is social media beneficial to the criminal justice system or detrimental?
- What can be done to improve the use of DNA evidence in the criminal justice system?
- What can be done to make capital punishment better impactful?
- In this comparison, the juvenile justice systems in the United States and France are compared.
- Life in prison vs. death punishment
- In the United States, the repercussions of the drug war
Interesting criminal justice essay ideas
- Probability and Statistics in Criminal Justice
- Justice in the social and criminal realms Sex Work Reactions
- Issues of Mental Health in the Criminal Justice System
- Forensic Psychology and the Criminal Justice System
- Relations between criminal justice and drug policy
- Professionalism and Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Individuals in the Criminal Justice System are Stereotyped
- Issues of Leadership in the Criminal Justice System
Writing a criminal justice college essay is often a challenge for students across the globe. These tips should come in handy to help you select a topic and avoid plagiarism in your paper. Feel free to consult our experts for custom help in criminal justice essay papers to ensure quality work without various pressures of fast-approaching deadlines.